Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

makarand_keer
Regular Visitor

Error in Power BI Gateway - Personal

I am getting following error when tried to login using Power BI Gateway - Personal

The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
Request ID: 7421d530-25d1-45bf-bd71-5078ffe7353d
UTC Timestamp: 7/18/2016 4:15:00 AM
Cluster: wabi-west-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net

23 REPLIES 23
Dindo
Frequent Visitor

Any update on this issue?

I have the exact screen as above mentioned. Updated the config file but it's still the same.

Any has a different solution other than the mentioned ones? I am experiencing the same and tried all mentioned ones but no luck.

Hi All,

The latest Gateway installation fixed this.

Anyone has a different solution for this other than mentioned one? I am experiencing the same and nothing mentioned worked.

Thanks in advance.

Dindo
Frequent Visitor

Any update on this issue?

I have the exact screen as above mentioned. Updated the config file but it's still the same.

NipponSahore
Resolver II
Resolver II

Finally got PowerBI Gateway working. 

My Windows Login Domain and PowerBI credentials is different and always got a 403 forbidden error. 

you need to make the following config change to disable default login in "diawp.exe.config" file. 

Got to your <User Name>\AppData\Local\Power BI Gateway - Personal\2.0\Gateway\diawp.exe.config and update 

<defaultProxy useDefaultCredentials="true" />  to

<defaultProxy useDefaultCredentials=""false" />

when you Gateway, the next time around, it will ask you for User Credentials. 🙂 

I tried this solution and it still does not work for me.  Any other ideas?

what's the exact error message you get ?

2016-12-01_11-41-46.jpg

This is what I get when I try to run the set up wizard.  The actual gateway application does download, I just can not log in.

do you see the login screen ?

Nope I never get to that screen.  I think I need to explore the credentials that are being passed.  I am going to try and install on a different computer and see what occurs.

my issue was resolved after setting the auto login to false "diawp.exe.config". I think you should try again and double check the config file. 

It would skip the login screen and assume your windows login is the same as your powerBI credentials and try to log you in using the same. Setting the flag to false will force it to ask for credentails.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Friends,

i am able to install both on premises gateway and personal by following the steps below.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem/

Regards,

Rajendra

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @makarand_keer,

Which operating system do you install the Personal gateway? Could you please verify that if you follow the instructions in the blog below to install the gateway and post the screenshot that you get error message?

http://www.sysctr.info/2016/01/installing-power-bi-personal-gateway-as.html

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Its my Windows 7, I tried installing it under System Administrator but still same error. I am local administrator on my laptop.

Hi @makarand_keer,

Are you able to use makarand_keer@makmakesifpossible1.onmicrosof​t.com to log in Power BI Service?

During the process of installing personal gateway, use the same account and credential that you use to log in Service when the gateway asks you for them (first set of credentials). Then in the following screenshot, enter Windows name which is in the form of servername\username or domain\username and appropriate password.

111.png

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

Yes I am using  makarand_keer@makmakesifpossible1.onmicrosof​t.com to log into Power BI and it works there.

Regarding your second point, it does not prompt me pop-up with UserID and Pwd input boxes. When I open the application I get followig screen and then when I click on link "Sign in to PowerBI.com" it throws me error as shown below

Screen with link in itScreen with link in itError when Link in previous screen is clickedError when Link in previous screen is clicked 

Any update of this. 

I'm also facing the same issue using Win8.1 using the latest version of Gateway 

We figured out what we needed to do.  When we click on the Power BI Gateway icon, we need to right click and select "Run as administrator" and resolved the problem for us.

I am as well.  I am using Windows 7, and I installed the powerbi gateway (personal) today so it is the latest version.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.