Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

asood23

Error for if statement

Hi Guys,
So I'm fairly new to this and would like some help over here.
For my dataset I created a column Age with randbetween function and values from 10 to 28. So this column is formed correctly. Now I wanted to create another column and divide these ages into groups like 10-12 should be kids, 13-19 should be teens, and rest should be adults.
Normally I would create a conditional column but the section doesnt show the column Age and I'm guessing thats because I used the randbetween function which is ok so I tried to do it by creating a new column by 

Age group = IF('Sheet1 (2)'[Age]>=10,'Sheet1 (2)'[Age]<=12,"Kids") & IF('Sheet1 (2)'[Age]>12,'Sheet1 (2)'[Age]<=19,"Teens")& IF('Sheet1 (2)'[Age]>=20,"Adults")
Still getting some errors.

Any help will be appreciated!
TIA.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
asood23

Turns out if and, if and and if works perfectly

Age group = IF(AND('Sheet1 (2)'[Age]>=10,'Sheet1 (2)'[Age]<=12),"Kids") & IF(AND('Sheet1 (2)'[Age]>12,'Sheet1 (2)'[Age]<=19),"Teens")& IF('Sheet1 (2)'[Age]>=20,"Adults")

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
asood23

Turns out if and, if and and if works perfectly

Age group = IF(AND('Sheet1 (2)'[Age]>=10,'Sheet1 (2)'[Age]<=12),"Kids") & IF(AND('Sheet1 (2)'[Age]>12,'Sheet1 (2)'[Age]<=19),"Teens")& IF('Sheet1 (2)'[Age]>=20,"Adults")

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.