Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rolf1994
Helper II
Helper II

Error: failedtorefreshpackageafterimporterror

Keep getting the error 'failedtorefreshpackageafterimporterror' when trying to replace my dashboards. This has been happening since yesterday on all my dashboards. I used to be able to replace this dashboards and do not know how to fix this problem. unfortunately i cannot share my dashboards with you because it contains private information.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@rolf1994, the issue is ready reported to the appropriate team and they're working on it. I will post back once I get any updates about this issue.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@rolf1994, the issue has been resolved. Could you please have a try? 

What was the solution? As I am having the same error occur today.

Me too, today. I take it some kind of service issue?

Hi - this exact error is happening to me today.  I was able to publish the dataset under a different name, but it won't let me replace the original... which of course i need to do in order to keep the sharing link the same.  Any ideas?

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rolf1994,

I get the same error message as yours, however, the issue only occur when I apply RLS for my dataset. When I republish pbix file which is not configured with RLS, everything works well. Could you please verify that if the error raises in the case that you apply RLS or in all scenarios?

Additionally, I will report this issue. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes RLS was used in the reports that i tried to refresh.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@rolf1994, the issue is ready reported to the appropriate team and they're working on it. I will post back once I get any updates about this issue.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rolf1994,

I am able to reproduce this issue as yours. I will report this issue internally and post back once I get any update.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Looks like it is a problem that occurs only when roles are added to the reports. I have removed the roles from my reports and now i am able to refresh by publishing an existing report. It also seems that this problem only occurs when visuals from the report are added to a dashboard in Power-BI Service. when i have no visuals from the report added to a dashboard i am able to refresh my reports, even when roles are defined in my reports.

Edit: Problem only occurs when visuals from the report are added to a dashboard in Power-BI Service. when i have no visuals from the report added to a dashboard i am able to refresh my reports

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rolf1994,

Could you please help to elaborate the detailed steps that how you replace the dashboard in Power BI Service? I will test the whole process and check if I can reproduce the issue.

In addition, it seems that you are not posting the full error message, please  post the screenshot of the error message.  

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Hi Lydia,

Right now i replace my reports by publishing them from Power-BI desktop to Power-BI service, by clicking on the 'publish' icon. The first time i publish a dashboard it works but then when i try to 'refresh' by publishing again it gives an error, this is happening to all my reports.

I get the following error:

error Power-BI.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.