Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ianhan13
Helper III
Helper III

Error due to Invalid credential for Exchange data source

I have a data table populated from a PDF imported from my Exchange Email which works well.

However when I try to schedule a daily refresh of the report in Power BI  it tells me the data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. 

I have tried to set up a company domain/account/tenants in Azure but have to admit to now being completely lost.

It also will not allow me to login to the Power BI cummunity so I have to use a different account to post this message. With my outlook login details I simply get returned each time to the login page with no error message.

This is the message I get. Any help very greatfully received.

ianhan13_0-1614597971989.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ianhan13 ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your problem.

Best Regards,

Yuna

v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ianhan13 ,

So does the report work well in the service? Can you configure a demand refresh successfully in Power BI Service?

Please check whether your gateway is mapped to the correct data source. It would be great if you could give me a detailed screenshot of the error.

If you would like to create a MS365 account, Please check the version you're using a commercial version rather than the Home Edition or Personal Edition.

Best Regards,

Yuna

ianhan13
Helper III
Helper III

Hi

That is right can manually refresh /publish but not schedule refresh.

Data is from the MS365 hotmail / Exchange account.

Since I apparently needed a new non personal/company based email to use Power BI I registered a work mail hosted by a third party. This is teh one I use to log onto Power BI.

If it is easier I could  just create a new 365 email account since i have a 5 user family licence?

Many thanks

Ian

v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ianhan13 ,

Your report works well on the service, but you can’t set scheduled refresh, right? Have you tried to refresh it manually? Can it succeed? Is the account you use to log in to the Power BI community and Power BI service is your Microsoft Exchange accounts?

Please refer to this link if it can help you.

AADSTS50020 can't login to teams account - Microsoft Q&A

Best Regards,

Yuna

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.