Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Error de OLE DB u ODBC: [Expression.Error]

Good afternoon

I'm setting up an incremental update from my Power BI Desktop with my premium license per user.

I filtered the main table by the RangeStart and RangeEnd parameters and added 20 more records to my data source to see if I'm performing the incremental update. Parameters run until 31/12/2018 but the added data are from 2019.

When I select Close and Apply from the Editor I get the following error:

OLE DB or ODBC Error: [Expression.Error] The Date operation failed because the resulting value does not fall into the range of allowed values.

I extended the range in the RangeEnd parameter to get the new records, but it still gives me the same error. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thank you very much to the community.

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Syndicate_Admin 

If you delete 2019 data then there is no problem. I think you need to check 2019 data.

You can refer the steps: Configure incremental refresh for Power BI datasets - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If it doesn't solve the problem, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Syndicate_Admin 

If you delete 2019 data then there is no problem. I think you need to check 2019 data.

You can refer the steps: Configure incremental refresh for Power BI datasets - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If it doesn't solve the problem, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank @Syndicate_Admin,

had two filters applied one after the other. I took one of them off and it's settled.

Thank you very much for the help of the community.

Best regards

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Syndicate_Admin 

It looks like to be a data conversion error. Please check if your date column has any non-date values which causing this error to appear. You could remove auto conversion from value to date in the powerquery and try to do in the powerbi desktop. 

below are some links which can guide you in the right direction. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/OLE-DB-or-ODBC-error-Expression-Error-The-co...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Data-refresh-error-OLE-DB-or-ODBC-error-Exception-from-HRES...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/OLE-DB-or-ODBC-error-Expression-error/m-p/442565#M204449

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Hello @Syndicate_Admin ,

the date column was of the date/time data type, as indicated so that you can apply the parameters in incremental update. I hadn't had any problems until I added 2019 data to the source file and updated it, to see if I was doing the incremental update.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.