Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error connecting with MySQL - Server is duplicated

Hi people,

I've been trying to connect in a DB in MySQL and I haven't been able to solve this trouble.

The MySQL connector was installed successfully and when I try to establish the connection I receive the error below:
"Connection option 'server' is duplicated"

tsilva_0-1594154271113.png

I've found the reference here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Unable-to-build-up-connection-with-MySQL/td-p/1125519  although this haven't solved my problem. I also tried to clean all the connection in the PowerBI but the same error continues appearing. 

Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this trouble?

Thank you 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've solved this situation by doing 2 steps:

First - I've removed the connector on version 8.0.20 and I've installed version 8.0.15. After these installation different errors begin to show, such as "Unable to connect to any of the specified MYSQL Hosts".

Second - I've changed the way to connect on the DB. I've been tried as 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,xxxx' and I've changed to 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx' replacing the comma with a colon (important: I've had tried this before installing the version 8.0.20 and it hasn't worked, just with the version 8.0.15 everything worked well)

Thanks to @v-deddai1-msft  and @lbendlin  for your answers 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've solved this situation by doing 2 steps:

First - I've removed the connector on version 8.0.20 and I've installed version 8.0.15. After these installation different errors begin to show, such as "Unable to connect to any of the specified MYSQL Hosts".

Second - I've changed the way to connect on the DB. I've been tried as 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,xxxx' and I've changed to 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx' replacing the comma with a colon (important: I've had tried this before installing the version 8.0.20 and it hasn't worked, just with the version 8.0.15 everything worked well)

Thanks to @v-deddai1-msft  and @lbendlin  for your answers 🙂

Thanks

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Would you please try to update your desktop to the latest version and re-install the connector: https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/.

If the issue is still exist,  I suggest you  try to open a support ticket. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

can you show a sanitized version of your Power Query connection code?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.