Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SimpleUser

Error connecting to SSAS 2005: The DbpropMsmdSubqueries property was not recognized.

When I try to import data from SSAS 2005 to Power BI Desktop I receive this error:

"AnalysisServices: XML for Analysis parser: The DbpropMsmdSubqueries property was not recognized."

I have searched the Internet and it looks like there might be a problem with correct version of the SSAS OLEDB Provider.

I have installed these SSAS OLEDB Provider versions:

• 10.50.1600.1 in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Analysis Services\AS OLEDB\10\msolap100.dll
  • 12.0.2000.8 in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Analysis Services\AS OLEDB\120\msolap120.dll
  • 13.0.0.2164.0 in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Analysis Services\AS OLEDB\130\msolap130.dll

Nothing helps. 

The same error occurs when I try to connect to the SSAS 2005 from Microsoft Excel 2016 from Data tab. But surprisingly I can connect to the same server from the Power Pivot tab. 

I am using Power BI Desktop version 2.42.4611.701 64-bit on Windows 10.

Any ideas?

Thanks, 

Radek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @SimpleUser,

We are not able to connect to SSAS 2005 from Power BI Desktop. When I connect to SSAS 2008 or SSAS 2005 from Power BI Desktop, I get the error message “SQL Server versions prior to SQL Server 2008 R2 RTM aren’t supported”.
1.PNG

In your scenario, please upgrade your SSAS 2005 to SSAS 2008 R2 or later, then use Power BI Desktop to connect to it.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
patoduck
Helper III
Helper III

I have the same problem with SQL server analysis services 2014. I was expecting this to be solve in the 2023 september version, but again the same.
The fix should be done by  the Power BI DEV  team, detecting the version (below SQL 2016) should not request for a property that is not available in the Server properties

patoduck_0-1694867407178.png

Thanks for the info!
Hopefully we have the fix in October.
It seems like reports built in older PBI Desktop versions works. Or at least I came across one Self-service report last week...

anvhyfte
Regular Visitor

Hello, 

I am dealing with the same problem. I'm getting my data from an SQL Server 2012
(Version: Analysis Server 11.0.6020.0)
In Power BI, I can load my data and view my model. However, when I'm trying to create a visual I get the error message:

cf9f8b47-a6f1-490c-98ee-39b6ebf116d0.png

XML for Analysis parser: The DbpropMsmdRequestMemoryLimit property was not recognized

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance!

Antoine

Hello! We have exactly the same problem (XML for Analysis parser: The DbpropMsmdRequestMemoryLimit property was not recognized
) - probably started July 2023.
Multidimensional Analysis Services version: 2014.
Anyone have the solution?! Thanks!!

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @SimpleUser,

We are not able to connect to SSAS 2005 from Power BI Desktop. When I connect to SSAS 2008 or SSAS 2005 from Power BI Desktop, I get the error message “SQL Server versions prior to SQL Server 2008 R2 RTM aren’t supported”.
1.PNG

In your scenario, please upgrade your SSAS 2005 to SSAS 2008 R2 or later, then use Power BI Desktop to connect to it.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.