Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AugustoRadames
Frequent Visitor

Error by exporting Power BI to PDF or Power Point with grouped views

Hi,

I am using the new feature of August 2019, that allows us to group views in the Power BI Desktop.
And this function is amazing for developing elaborated views.

But, I'm having trouble to export the Power BI to PDF or Power Point.
In the exported view, all the groups are moved to the up-left-corner of the page and also they overlap each other.

Is anyone going through the same problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @AugustoRadames ,

Thanks for pointing it out. Checked with PG, This is a known issue. Fix is part of 9.1 train. ETA 9/6 to all production clusters.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AugustoRadames ,

Following the online document, i cannot reproduce your issue here useing the Power BI desktop version 2.72.5556.701 64-bit (August 2019). What visual did you use in your report? How about publishing to the report to service and exporting it again?

22.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi,
I'm using the same version.
Power Bi VersonPower Bi Verson

I will post here all the steps that I'm following until get the error reported. Check it:

Firstly, I use new tool "Group"

GroupGroup

Next, I publish my Power BI to share it, and then, I use the function "Export to PDF" (When I export to the Power Point the same thing happens)
Publishing and ExportingPublishing and Exporting

Finally, I have my dashboard on PDF archive, but in a very different view from how it was in Power BI.
All my grouped forms are overlaping each other.

PDF VersionPDF Version

Have you ever seen this problem?
Thanks,

Hi @AugustoRadames ,

Thanks for pointing it out. Checked with PG, This is a known issue. Fix is part of 9.1 train. ETA 9/6 to all production clusters.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors