Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vitexo87
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Error adding table in directquery

I have a problem that I initially believed was a problem in SQl Azure but it was checked and everything is ok with the database.

I have a direct query application that all your data are from the same database and one day ago add some new tables from the same database and ok, but then I added another table and the following error is reported:

"Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'Allpatitions using Directquery mode with full dataview must query the same data source.'."

I found a topic here in the community about a similar error but from a different scenario, I made all possible attempts, including I can not add any more of that database's table in this application, which led me to believe that the error was in the database but how I told the database is Okay, what can I do to solve this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@vitexo87,

Open the Data source settings dialog and check Data sources in current file. Change source (usually case-sensitive) until only one appears.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, @v-chuncz-msft

I have done this, I have found a solution, but I have access to the advanced table editor and I copy the database connection string from the other tables that are already in the application and replace it in the load scrpts of the new tables, for now this is solving the problem, but I would like a final action to resolve the issue, and because this has only begun to come to fruition.

This has to be a bug, just installed November version and works fine...

We are getting the same issue here - no matter what we do with editing connection strings in query editor.  Need this to be fixed pronto, this is preventing work on all our directquery reports, which is ALL our reports.

@vitexo87,

Next time, you may get data by selecting Recent Sources.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.