Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error Zendesk connector to power bi desktop

Hi,

When I try to use zendesk connetor to get data to powerbi desktop, I get the below error. It does not give me a chance to put in my account and passwork I used on Zendesk. Anyone knows how to solve this issue?

Thanks a lot,

2018-10-06_2355.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-jiascu-msft  Thanks for your help,

I tried changing my default browser and upgrading my desktop to the latest version. However, it still gives me error. Then I try to use another laptop with 32bit version powerbi desktop installed, it works perfect. So I guess 32bit and 64bit is making a difference here. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Hello,

I'm Anton from Alpha Serve.

In case you're still struggling exporting data from Zendesk, you might want to try out our Zendesk app: Power BI Connector:

We have a handy User and Admin Guides for your convenience, but feel free to reach out support team at support@alpha-serve.com if you need any assistance.

Thank you.

Regards,

Anton

CharlieBigoud
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Bouncing back on this old thread because I'm encountering the same problem.

I've tried every single version I can find for PBI Desktop but to no avail.

I always get the script error and blank login page, and whatever I do it's script error after script error, no possibility to login anywhere.

Has anyone found a working solution to this ?

Thanks !!

I have the same issue, tried all versions and configs: disabled iexplore from Windows, set other default browsers, 32 bit, 64 bit, from download site, from the store: none of them work, they all deliver script errors.

I ended up connecting the Zendesk Admin app to our Power BI cloud service. Does anybody know the difference between the beta connector and the Zendesk Admin app? 

Hi can you edit anything on Power BI cloud. I can only view the dashboard view. I can drag and drop fields and measures in the dashboard view. However, when I click a measure Power BI cloud doesn't display a formular bar.

LJR
Frequent Visitor

@v-jiascu-msft 

Hi

I'm also struggling with connecting to the Zendesk connector via Power BI with the same script errors as given by some others on this thread.

script.png

We've tried across a number of Power BI users in our organisation and the commonalities are :

• If a user uses the Zendesk connector with the Downloaded version of Power BI from the website, they do not get an error message.
  • If a user uses the Zendesk connector with the App Store version of Power BI , they do get an error message.
  • Browser choice (Chrome/Firefox/IE) does not make a difference.

We'd prefer not to have both App Store and Desktop versions installed on the same PC. This has been done in the past and created sign-in issues to the service. Version (32/64 bit) on the App Store version has not been tested. The preference is not to start adjusting versions either. We want to stay with the App Store version for automatic updates.  

Are there any other options we can explore? Alternatively, is there a plan for the Zendesk Power BI connector to move from beta?

Thanks, 

KhalidAnsari
Regular Visitor

There is another solution to this problem. I have found I get the error if I am using the Microsoft Store version of Power BI Desktop, but if I download Power BI desktop from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331 (64 bit version) the Javascript error is not displayed and I can sign in to Zendesk. And the Microsoft Store and downloaded versions of Power BI Desktop can coexist peacefully 🙂

2019-06-20_11-09-30.png

I had this issue too and the weirdest thing is now that I downloaded  and installed the version from the Microsoft site, it's now working in the version from the Microsoft store too????

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I would suggest you mask the URLs in your snapshot. 

1. Since the Zendesk is still under preview, I would suggest you upgrade the Desktop in case that some changes have been made to the connector.

2. This page is rendered by the browser. I would suggest you clear the browser cache and try again. Maybe you can change the default browser to another one.

Error_Zendesk_connector_to_power_bi_desktop

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-jiascu-msft  Thanks for your help,

I tried changing my default browser and upgrading my desktop to the latest version. However, it still gives me error. Then I try to use another laptop with 32bit version powerbi desktop installed, it works perfect. So I guess 32bit and 64bit is making a difference here. 

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm glad you can go on now. If you'd like to use 64-bit again, I would suggest you make a clean reinstall, which means uninstalling, clean remained files, restarting the computer and then install the 64-bit installer.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-jiascu-msft

Roger that, Thanks. I might just use another laptop to run this since I already build lots of reports in 64 bit version.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is still a problem in 2019.

If I navigate to the page in IE it functions as expected, but inside Power BI (64bit) I'm presented with a script error for https://p18.zdassets.com/assets/zendesk/auth/v2/host-caa6da480a50ffd4f8a111ed7c9e8ac0.js

For me it's still a problem in 2021 and the 32-bit solution seems to not work in my case, maybe updates to the PBI desktop version have rendered it broken.

It's a shame that considering my company is paying for PowerBI Pro, Microsoft as one of the world's leading tech giants cannot get a simple bit of javascript right and refuse to fix it after 3+ years.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.