Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vicente-iii
Helper I
Helper I

Error When Opening Power BI Desktop

I keep getting this error when I upgraded to the June 2020 version of Power BI

vicente-iii_0-1593586237096.png

Not sure what is causing it, but when I restart, it is fixed. Would appreciate any insights. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vicente-iii ,

Do you use the desktop version or the store version? Please check if this error occurs in another version.

You can refer this article: Troubleshoot opening Power BI Desktop

Maybe you refer the following posts, hope them will be helpful.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Error-Message-An-error-occurred-while-rendering-the-report/...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Problem-signing-in-to-Power-BI-script-error/td-p/586231

If you have any question, please kindly ask here and we will try to resolve it.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@vicente-iii , just check, what other tasks are running. Yesterday My colleague faced it and we found that there was some 10-12 java tasks that were running taking more than 50 % of RAM and power Bi was not getting RAM.

Just Check RAM CPU for the processes other than power BI. There should have sufficient RAM to run Power BI

Hi @amitchandak , the error just occurred again. I checked my RAM and it was running at 44%. I don't think this is what's causing the issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.