Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Prabukarana
Regular Visitor

Error When Load Table Progress Openedge

Hi,

Im very newbie in Power BI. 

I try to connect Progress Opendedge to Power BI using ODBC.

ODBC success connect, I try Via excel success to show record.

But in Power BI, when i try to load table i've got error.

ERROR [HY000] [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver][OPENEDGE]Syntax error in SQL statement 

Please Help and give me advice.

Thanks before,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Finally i've got solution. It can't use Drag and drop table. But we can use advance editor to query table. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Prabukarana

It seems that you didn't post the problematic part like "about xxx", the error is a documented error for OpenEdge database. How do you connect to the ODBC, with a SQL statement? If Yes and your error is as documented, try to remove the ";" in the SQL statement.

@Eric_Zhang thanks for reply,

i already read that post before, but im still confused. Im not used Sql statement for ODBC. 

I try used Qlik View bi and running well. 

in that post, i must remove semicolon in sql statement, but until now, idk where i must to remove that.

Finally i've got solution. It can't use Drag and drop table. But we can use advance editor to query table. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This ODBC driver for Progress, is it free? Or is it USD149,99 as I saw on some download center websites?
Or is it free only for some licenses?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.