Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

erche3
Helper I
Helper I

Error: We weren't able to restore the saved database to the model

Hi 

since Yesterday 20200218 , I have problem in openning all the desktop files , and it pops up error message

"We weren't able to restore the saved database to the model"

it does not work even I unistall the desktop application and clean the registery "C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Power BI" and restall it again .

also gave the same message  even if I opened the new created file from the latest updated version of desktop 

does  anyone know how to solve this problem 

thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
sandorwelfing
Regular Visitor

Also have the same issue. 

@sandorwelving

In the february 2020 update thread, somebody shared a link to an older version from december, I have just installed this and it works perfectly for me. Only potential downside is that if you have implemented new features from a later release you might get some errors.

You can find the link here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/February-2020-Desktop-Update/m-p/938783#M449795

thanks a lot 

I download the "Dec" version (actually Nov ?)  and it works now for a temporary solution 

erceve
Helper I
Helper I

I got exactly the same problem, I've also responded in the february 2020 update thread, hopefully somebody can come up with a solution soon!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.