cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MG83 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Error Unable to Load Visual: Join Paths are expected to Form a Tree. Two Join Paths To Table

Hi 

I am now getting the above error since updating PowerBI Desktop and it won't load a visual which seemed to work fine before. 

I have one active relationship joining the table and 2 inactive relationships joining elsewhere in the table so I can use Userrelationship to easier calculate using DAX. 

Context: I've joined a staff table joined to an operation table where it's possible the staff member will have one of a possible 3 roles within a row of data. i.e Staff 1, Staff 2, Staff 3. 

Any suggestions / ideas? 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MG83 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Error Unable to Load Visual: Join Paths are expected to Form a Tree. Two Join Paths To Table

Hi @v-shex-msft

Thanks for the suggestions. 

I selected more than one filter in more than one table for the RLS which seemed to clash.

I fixed it by just creating a dynamic table and using one filter for the RLS. 

9 REPLIES 9
MG83 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Error Unable to Load Visual: Join Paths are expected to Form a Tree. Two Join Paths To Table

To add to this I think it may be since I've applied row-level security??

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @MG83,

Since I can’t reproduce your issue, can you provide a sample to reproduce your issue?

In addition, you can try below methods to ensure which part the issue appeared:

1. Check if the issue is related to visual.

Try to use old table to create a new visual and check if the issue appeared again.

2. Check if the issue is related to Row-Level Security.

Try to delete the old Row-level security, then build a new one to test if the issue appeared.

3. Check if the issue is related to the relationship.

Remove the relationships and re-create the relationship and test again.

If above is not help, please share some detail information about your issue.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
MG83 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-shex-msft

Thanks for the suggestions. 

I selected more than one filter in more than one table for the RLS which seemed to clash.

I fixed it by just creating a dynamic table and using one filter for the RLS. 

mariograffe Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi MG83, could you give me some details about your dynamic table to solve the problem ??

mariograffe Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi MG83, could you give me some details about your solution using a dynamic table ?

Tnx,

Mario

Bhartman30 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Can you add more context to your solution?

mahimabedi
Advisor

facing the same issue. can you share how you solved this?

MG83 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Do you currently have any RLS to your fact table? 

The way I solved the problem is that I had changed by RLS from the Fact table to My Dynamic table instead i.e. Office table which links to all of my fact tables. 

MG83 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Do you currently have any RLS to your fact table? 

The way I solved the problem is that I had changed by RLS from the Fact table to My Dynamic table instead i.e. Office table which links to all of my fact tables.