Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error Unable to Load Visual: Join Paths are expected to Form a Tree. Two Join Paths To Table

Hi 

I am now getting the above error since updating PowerBI Desktop and it won't load a visual which seemed to work fine before. 

I have one active relationship joining the table and 2 inactive relationships joining elsewhere in the table so I can use Userrelationship to easier calculate using DAX. 

Context: I've joined a staff table joined to an operation table where it's possible the staff member will have one of a possible 3 roles within a row of data. i.e Staff 1, Staff 2, Staff 3. 

Any suggestions / ideas? 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft

Thanks for the suggestions. 

I selected more than one filter in more than one table for the RLS which seemed to clash.

I fixed it by just creating a dynamic table and using one filter for the RLS. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same issue. The problem was in bi-directed connection for one pair of tables in the model (Both instead of Single). After fixing the problem has been resolved.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Since I can’t reproduce your issue, can you provide a sample to reproduce your issue?

In addition, you can try below methods to ensure which part the issue appeared:

1. Check if the issue is related to visual.

Try to use old table to create a new visual and check if the issue appeared again.

2. Check if the issue is related to Row-Level Security.

Try to delete the old Row-level security, then build a new one to test if the issue appeared.

3. Check if the issue is related to the relationship.

Remove the relationships and re-create the relationship and test again.

If above is not help, please share some detail information about your issue.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft

Thanks for the suggestions. 

I selected more than one filter in more than one table for the RLS which seemed to clash.

I fixed it by just creating a dynamic table and using one filter for the RLS. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you expound on how you solved it? I am having the same issue right now

facing the same issue. can you share how you solved this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you currently have any RLS to your fact table? 

The way I solved the problem is that I had changed by RLS from the Fact table to My Dynamic table instead i.e. Office table which links to all of my fact tables. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you currently have any RLS to your fact table? 

The way I solved the problem is that I had changed by RLS from the Fact table to My Dynamic table instead i.e. Office table which links to all of my fact tables. 

Can you add more context to your solution?

Hi MG83, could you give me some details about your solution using a dynamic table ?

Tnx,

Mario

Hi MG83, could you give me some details about your dynamic table to solve the problem ??

Anonymous
Not applicable

To add to this I think it may be since I've applied row-level security??

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.