Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

IvanMislav
Helper I
Helper I

Error: The name provided is not a properly formed account name

Hello,

I'm tying to connect to CRM on-premise instance via OData connector and i'm getting the error message The name provided is not a properly formed account name. The error shows up right after I enter the web API url, before credentials window pops out.

Here is a screenshot of web API url that im using to connect:

Picture1.png

There is also a sandbox instance for this same organization that I can connect to without any problem. Does anyone know what might be the problem here?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
solvisig
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi IvanMislav,

I had similar issue with the same error message.

Solved it by clearing all global permissions and clearing cache.

Clear Global Permissions:

File>Options and settings>datasource settings>Global permissions>Clear all permissions.

Clear Cache:

File>Options and settings>Options>Clear Cache

After these steps, I was able to connect to my datasource.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IvanMislav,

Current dynamic 365 connector not supported odata, you should use odata feed connector to instead.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Yes, I'm using OData feed connector. Not Dynamics 365.

Hi @IvanMislav,

Odata connector support on-premise CRM source, does any specific characters in your instance? I think the issue may related to it.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

That image looks like you are using the Dynamics 365 connector, not the generic OData connector. Not sure that will work with on-premises CRM. What version of CRM do you have on-premises?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi,

Yes, it says that it's for Dynamics 365, but I'm using that same type of API when I'm connecting to other on-premise CRM instances (using OData connector) and it works fine. CRM On-premise version is 8.2.0.70049.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.