Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error : Step results in a query not supported in DirectQuery Mode

Hello,

I'm trying to create a Direct Query Data to be able to show a data that refreshes every 15 minutes on the screen.

but whenever I connect to SQL, I'm getting this message whenever I go to Edit Query and click source. Will this affect direct query mode? or theres work around these?

Thanks

2122312.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test, I can reproduce your issue here. I think it is a warning message that remind your it is not import type. And you cannot expand the column either.

direct query.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-frfei-msft 

Does it mean that it will not properly work under direct query? or it will work fine and just ignore the message?

because whats inside the "table" is what i need.

32133123213123213.JPG

Hi Sorry to bother 

Did you manage to resolve your issue 

I am experiencing the same issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

its just a warning, my query still a direct query.

AnkitBI
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Direct Queries doesn't support all Power Query transformations. If you try to use one that is not allowed you get this message. Please remove the query step causing  issue or share the Advanced Editor Queries.

Thanks
Ankit Jain

Do Mark it as solution if the response resolved your problem. Do like the response if it seems good and helpful.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnkitBI wrote:

Direct Queries doesn't support all Power Query transformations. If you try to use one that is not allowed you get this message. Please remove the query step causing  issue or share the Advanced Editor Queries.

Thanks
Ankit Jain

Do Mark it as solution if the response resolved your problem. Do like the response if it seems good and helpful.

I havent dont any modifications on the Query.

Heres the Advance Editor Code

let
    Source = Sql.Database("10.79.7.12", "DO1_DATA"),
    dbo_PTICounts = Source{[Schema="dbo",Item="PTICounts"]}[Data]
in
    dbo_PTICounts

Sorry but not sorry to bump this. Did you ever figure out the cause? Because 3 years later and I have the same issue on many queries I make. Even the Sql.Database statement alone gives me this error

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.