Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

okiono

Error: Something Went Wrong, One or more errors occurred.

Folks, I am baffled.

I have tried finding some answers to this problem and although there are a lot of topics under "something Went Wrong" none seem to provide an answer.

From the September 2018 updated on (and still with the October 2018 updated) I have been havings errors when saving my BI reports.  Any edits I do, and try to save the file, I get the error.

My data files have not been getting any larger  nor has the data structure changed when compared to my previous reports.  I am using MS power BI Desktop 32Bit, on windows 10 64 Bit machine with 8GB RAM and I am not using or connecting to a BI service or report server of any kind.  It happens with newly created reports or reports that Ihave already created previously and never had any problems. I am using 2 csv files as my source data which together are about 6GB in size.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software with no luck.  I have trie to see if I have a memory issue but I have been unable to fix the problem.  Below are some of the details attached to the error. 

Thanks for your help.

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Error Message:
One or more errors occurred.

Stack Trace:
   at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XmlaClient.CheckForSoapFault(XmlReader reader, XmlaResult xmlaResult, Boolean throwIfError)
   at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XmlaClient.CheckForError(XmlReader reader, XmlaResult xmlaResult, Boolean throwIfError)
   at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XmlaClient.SendMessage(Boolean endReceivalIfException, Boolean readSession, Boolean readNamespaceCompatibility)
   at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XmlaClient.ImageSave(String databaseId, Stream targetDbStream)
   at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Core.Server.ImageSave(ImageSaveInfo imageSaveInfo)
   at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Core.Server.ImageSave(String databaseId, Stream targetDbStream)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesService.<>c__DisplayClass9.<SaveDatabaseToStream>b__7()
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.Modeler.ServerUtilities.EnsureConnectionAndExecuteAction(Server server, Action action)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesService.SaveDatabaseToStream(IAnalysisServicesDatabase database, Stream abfStream)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesDatabaseLocal.<>c__DisplayClass7.<SaveToStream>b__5()
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Modeling.AsyncModelAuthoringService.<>c__DisplayClass15.<ExecuteSynchronizedWithModelChanges>b__14()
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Modeling.AsyncModelAuthoringService.<>c__DisplayClass1d.<ExecuteSynchronizedWithModelChanges>b__1b(Task`1 t)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationResultTaskFromResultTask`2.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

Stack Trace Message:
One or more errors occurred.

Invocation Stack Trace:
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionExtensions.GetCurrentInvocationStackTrace()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.StackTraceInfo..ctor(String exceptionStackTrace, String invocationStackTrace, String exceptionMessage)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.GetStackTraceInfo(Exception e)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.ReportException(IWindowHandle activeWindow, IUIHost uiHost, FeedbackPackageInfo feedbackPackageInfo, Exception e, Boolean useGDICapture)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.<>c__DisplayClass1.<HandleException>b__0()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.SynchronizationContextExtensions.SendAndMarshalExceptions(SynchronizationContext context, Action callback)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.HandleException(Exception e)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Utilities.UIBlockingAwareExceptionHandler.HandleException(Exception e)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.WebDialogs.WebDialogBase`1.DelayedInitializationExceptionHandler.HandleException(Exception e)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Windows.Ribbon.RibbonCommandHandler.Execute(UInt32 commandId, CommandExecutionVerb verb, PropertyKeyRef keyRef, PropVariantRef currentValue, IUISimplePropertySet commandExecutionProperties)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.RunDialog(Form form)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Windows.DialogWindowBase.ShowModal(IWindowHandle windowHandle)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.WebDialogs.WebDialog.<>n__FabricatedMethod8(IWindowHandle )
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.WebDialogs.WebDialog.<>c__DisplayClass6.<ShowModal>b__5()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.WindowManager.ShowModal[T](T dialog, Func`1 showModalFunction)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.WebDialogs.WebDialog.ShowModal(IWindowHandle owner)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.<>c__DisplayClass10.<Main>b__0()
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.IExceptionHandlerExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass7.<HandleExceptionsWithNestedTasks>b__6()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.IExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptionsWithNestedTasks(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.Main(String[] args)

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @okiono,

Actually, I haven't found anything useful in your trace log.

According to your description, I think this issue may related to your data amount and desktop version.(32 bit application has 2G memory limit)

It seems like your data amount increase and 2G memory can't fully handling them, please install 64 bit PBI desktop and try to use 64 bit version to open your report to see if this error still appears.

Reference links:

Chat Question: Memory Limits for 32-bit and 64-bit processes

Download Power BI through advanced options

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Xiaoxin, 

That is why I am a bit baffled.   This data set is actually smaller and of the same structure as I have used before so logically it should have not given me any issues,  I started having this issue when I downloaded the September version of BI but I cannot seem to narrow down the cause. The odd thing is that the issues are related to memory and they are happening during the get data process. I will be trying the 64bit version to see if there is any improvement but I need to first download the access engne so I can work with the 32 bit version loaed in my system.

Thanks for your help.

Okiono

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @okiono  can you confirm whether or not the 64bit version worked or not?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @okiono can you confirm whether or not the 64bit version resolved the issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.