Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nsiddall
Frequent Visitor

Error - Publishing files to PBI Online from PBI Desktop

Hi there,

I'm getting an error when attempting to publish a dataset from PBI Desktop to Power BI online… This has manifested itself after I spotted an error and pressed cancel half way through publishing the report/dataset from PBI Desktop app.

Since that point I get a ‘failed for unknown reason error' each time I try and upload the report…

At the PBI Online end - I see an error in the 'On Demand’ refresh too - no amount of refresh attempts get rid of the Warning triangle… I have seen this before and ended up having to delete my dataset online - and then upload the report again which also killed my dashboard (which I expected)… However, I now have multiple dashboards which rely on this dataset and I don’t want to have to recreate them all again…

I've also tried importing the pbix file direct to online PBI...

Any ideas - Has anyone else seen this?

Many thanks for your help in advance!

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nsiddall
Frequent Visitor

For anyone else who has had similar problems, I have had reply from the frown desk from nice man named Jason:

Thank you for the feedback. This is a known issue and we're working on a fix. For now, unfortunately, the workaround is as you described -- deleting the existing published data set and republishing. Alternatively, you can rename the file and publish. Sorry for the inconvenience! 😞 Jason W

However, through some other issues I read in this community forum, I actually found that if I went to PBI Online and used 'Get Data' to load my PBI Desktop (pbix) file - I was successfully able to load the data (and report) to PBI Online and then I was again able to push the same report to PBI online from PBI Desktop again!

Jason was right though - it does need fixing but the above is a much less destructive work around to use whilst we await a fix!

Cheers!

Nick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
nsiddall
Frequent Visitor

For anyone else who has had similar problems, I have had reply from the frown desk from nice man named Jason:

Thank you for the feedback. This is a known issue and we're working on a fix. For now, unfortunately, the workaround is as you described -- deleting the existing published data set and republishing. Alternatively, you can rename the file and publish. Sorry for the inconvenience! 😞 Jason W

However, through some other issues I read in this community forum, I actually found that if I went to PBI Online and used 'Get Data' to load my PBI Desktop (pbix) file - I was successfully able to load the data (and report) to PBI Online and then I was again able to push the same report to PBI online from PBI Desktop again!

Jason was right though - it does need fixing but the above is a much less destructive work around to use whilst we await a fix!

Cheers!

Nick

Hi,

I am trying to post the data into power BI dataset, but getting below error, can anyone please assists on this

"error_entity": "{"error":{"code":"KeyFoundInDeletedResourceKeyCacheException","pbi.error":{"code":"KeyFoundInDeletedResourceKeyCacheException","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}}"

your input is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Avishek

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.