cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dannismen
Frequent Visitor

Error Message

OLE DB or ODBC error: [Expression.Error] The Date operation failed because the resulting value falls outside the range of allowed values..

Can someone help me with this? 

3 REPLIES 3
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dannismen ,

It is suggested to try using local

11.png

Here are sample input values you can refer to.

12.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User IV
Super User IV

@Dannismen , seem like your date might have issues.  You might be using dd/mm/yyyy format or mm/dd/yyyy format and you are getting it in another format.

Usually this control by system setting

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-apply-UK-date-format-dd-mm-yyyy-in-Date-slicer/td-p/...

or you can take it in text format and convert to date 

DD/MM/YYYY to MM/DD/YYYY
date(year( right(DD__MM__YY[date],4)), month(mid(DD__MM__YY[date],4,2)) ,day(left(DD__MM__YY[date],2)))

MM/DD/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY
date(year( right(DD__MM__YY[date],4)), month(left(DD__MM__YY[date],2)),day(mid(DD__MM__YY[Version_Id],4,2)) )

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks for your reply but this date error never happened before. I just updated my data source which should only be the matter of total records. Even though I changed the setting to UK (I'm in US), still showed me the same error. Do you have other options?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp 768x460.png

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors