Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MA_guy_VER
Advocate I
Advocate I

Error Message Trying to Hit iSeries DB2

Has anyone encountered the following error?  PBI was working then on reboot of machine, this message appeared.  Both import and directquery cannot access the live server. Server is up and running and I can access it from all other applications without issue. 

DataSource.Error: An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'HISMPCB0002 In BasePrimitiveConverter the SetCodePage method has been called with a invalid codepage: 937.'
Details:
DataSourceKind=DB2
DataSourcePath=x.x.x.x:446;Database

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ChuckS After much investigation, I believe there is an issue with the latest version of PBI.  I went to the archive Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn and pulled the September version https://download.microsoft.com/download/8/8/0/880BCA75-79DD-466A-927D-1ABF1F5454B0/PBIDesktopSetup-2... I was able to connect to the DB2 without issue. 

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49

I can confirm it is a bug in the Oct 2022 version. I had previosly uninstalled/reinstalled the latest version and ran as administrator, neither worked. 

Rolled back to Sept 2022 version and everything worked as normal.

This is still an issue in Nov 2022 version. Very disappointing that its not fixed yet.

It will be fixed in Jan 2023

Is there an update on this? This is still an ongoing issue on the most recent version of Power BI as of February.

Doesnt seem like Jan update has been released yet. Latest available PBI version is still Dec release. Hope they release the Jan update soon because this is causing a serious backlog of work for my team. 

I went back to the September 2022 version and I'm not updating either the web version or the desktop version again until one of us who actually uses it says a new version works.  So, who will be the first person to test drive when a new release comes out?  Not me!

Unfortunately our IT policy auto updates PBI to latest version automatically and they do not alllow reg edits to implement the work around. We're stuck waiting for the update ☹️

@ahp-sig bribe the IT admin to place you into another container with a modified group policy 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.