Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

chathi

Error: Failed to update data source credentials: We are unable to connect to the data source.

Hi, I am going through the EdX course and have downloaded a Personal Gateway .. However I keep getting the following error:

Gatewayerror.png

however there is no way I can edit the location of the file.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dimazaid
Employee
Employee

Hi @chathi,

The reason the location of the file cannot be changed in the PBI service is because we're getting the path from your .pbix file and there's not way to change it afterhand. 

From the error message, it looks like the path is not resolving and the gateway is unable to find the file under the folder specified. Please verify the path and re-publish, once the publish is done, you can re-edit the credentials and it should work.

Thanks!
Dimah

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasn't provided those files .Can you resolve this without having them? Thanks.

Hello, please see my question below. I am having the same problem in this thread...

Hello,

I'm taking a class on Power BI, taught by Microsoft, through edX.org, and we have a class forum, but I can't get any of the Instructors to answer this question. I can see that many students in past classes have experienced the same problem, yet there's no history of an answer. However, I did see 2 answers on the regular Power BI Community, which were that eventually Microsoft Techs fixed it behind the scenes for 2 different people on the Community site. So I'm hoping you can do the same for me. I am in the Power BI Service version on the Dashboard, and I installed the Personal Gateway, and it was successful. However, I'm getting a pop up message that the system can't refresh until I edit credentials. When I click the button to edit credentials, it keeps loading...that's all. My data is in the correct folder as instructed by my teachers, which is Windows c: DAT207x. I'm a week behind in my class because I can't get this to work. Also, on the Dashboard, when I go to Settings| Dataset and input a Q&A, there's no Pin button to pin it to. Maybe the edit credentials situation is causing this? I would really appreciate your help. Thanks you,

dimazaid
Employee
Employee

Hi @chathi,

The reason the location of the file cannot be changed in the PBI service is because we're getting the path from your .pbix file and there's not way to change it afterhand. 

From the error message, it looks like the path is not resolving and the gateway is unable to find the file under the folder specified. Please verify the path and re-publish, once the publish is done, you can re-edit the credentials and it should work.

Thanks!
Dimah

Hello @dimazaid ,

What was the file which is mssing as you were mentioned in the above post. 

we are getting below error for python data source. Status code 400.

Failed to update data source credentials: The system cannot find the file specified.

Regards,

Prasanth Karidi

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.