cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ichebobo Member

Error: Couldn’t load the data for the visual: The query referenced a relationship between

Hi Forum,

I've developed a dashboard in powerbi desktop.

The data is in sharepoint online list. It refreshes in Desktop without any issue.

But when I publish, it doesnt refresh. ie doesnt refresh in powerbi service.

I get the below error:

Couldn’t load the data for the visual

The query referenced a relationship between Talk[Fall Date] and Calendar[Date], which depends on a column that is not in a valid state.

I used the Dax epression FORMAT in the Calendar[Date]. 

ie:

Calendar = CALENDAR( DATE(2016,01,01), DATE(2019,12,31))

Month = FORMAT( 'Calendar'[Date], "MMMM" )

Month Year = FORMAT( 'Calendar'[Date], "MMM, YY" )

Month Year Sort = FORMAT( 'Calendar'[Date], "YYYY-MM" )

Year = YEAR( 'Calendar'[Date] )

I've tried changing format in query editor but still get the error after publishing.

I also installed the latest powerbi desktop still no success.

Please Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ichebobo Member

Re: Error: Couldn’t load the data for the visual: The query referenced a relationship between

Hi RMV,

I contacted Microsoft support. I was persistent with  them  as I and all the contributors  cant find anything wrong with my Dax expression or calendar tab.

Eventually, they sent me zone switch m query which i updated at the query editor. 

I don't have that problem anymore.. Best is to contact Microsoft again and again.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Error: Couldn’t load the data for the visual: The query referenced a relationship between

Hi @ichebobo,

Based on my test, I created a Calendar table same as yours, and get date from SharePoint online list. However, I cannot reproduce you issue here. The visuals work well in desktop , report /dashboard in service. And all of them could be refreshed. Could please share the excel file containing data of the dataset and the M code in your power query to me?

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
ichebobo Member

Hi  Frank,

Thanks for your time and  assistance.

This issue has persisted. It refreshes on desktop. I refreshed on Desktop this morning and no error..But tried refreshing after publishing and get the error:

Please what do you advice or suggest I do??

Back to Sent Messages

RMV Member

Hi @ichebobo,

have you got a resolution on your case? I face the same error message with you as a sudden, while it worked ok before.

Tried to check on the data type and relationships, but couldn't find what caused it happened, suddenly too.

tried to contacted the support for help, but they just pointed it back. bloody h*ll! Smiley Frustrated

ichebobo Member

Hi RMV,

I contacted Microsoft support. I was persistent with  them  as I and all the contributors  cant find anything wrong with my Dax expression or calendar tab.

Eventually, they sent me zone switch m query which i updated at the query editor. 

I don't have that problem anymore.. Best is to contact Microsoft again and again.