Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rose__123
Helper II
Helper II

Error 400 when loading big file from Dynamics 365 Business Central

Hi

I get the following error message every time I try to load specific (probably big) files from Dynamics 365 Business Central:

DataSource.Error: Dynamics365BusinessCentral: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. (You must specify an Id or a Document Id to get the lines. CorrelationId: 

I haven't been able to find a reason or a solution. Can anyone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Rose__123
Helper II
Helper II

I was able to retrieve the relevant data from Web Services in Dynamics 365 Business Central and then collect them into Power BI from the Web APIs.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Rose__123
Helper II
Helper II

I was able to retrieve the relevant data from Web Services in Dynamics 365 Business Central and then collect them into Power BI from the Web APIs.

Hi Rose, I'm having the same issue. 

Can you please explain how you got the data from web services in Dynamics 365 Business central?

Thanks and appreciate your help!

Hi @mpmsltd 

You should search for "Web services" inside Dynamics 365 Business central. It will take you to this list 

Rose__123_0-1632402488752.png

Here you should click on "new" and set object type as "page" and select "show full list" from object ID. Choose what you need, name it and click public 🙂 

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rose__123 

See your error message that you did not specify an Id or a Document Id. When you are importing data, did you choose SalesInvoicesLines ?

Ailsamsft_0-1629769985296.png

I didn't find a similar error, but I found a document describing how to connect to Dynamics 365 Business Central in Desktop. You can refer to this document to see if your operation is correct.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/across-how-use-financials-data-source-... 

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes, I do exactly as in the link and it works for most of the APIs, however not for SalesInvoicesLines and a few other APIs. I don't know where I should specify an Id or a Document Id?

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rose__123 

Where did you connect to your Dynamics 365 Business Central ? Desktop or Service ? If you connect in Desktop ,which connector you use ? Can you introduce your steps ? I searched the forums, and I haven't found similar problems. So your steps are very important for me .

Looking forward to your reply !

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, thank you for your reply! 🙂
I use Dynamics 365 Business Central Desktop and I just click Get data and then connect to Dynamics 365 Business Central. I have been able to get e.g. SalesInvoices but not SalesInvoicesLines. 

Rose__123_1-1629716553523.png

I am still having the same error. Did you ever find a resolution to avoid putting parameters, and just get the entire list of Sales Order Lines in the Power BI?

I found them using the webservices. In Business Central you can add a page to the available webservices and then you can find them in Power BI. Tell me if you need more guidance 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.