Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LParker97
Helper I
Helper I

Entering next level of hierarchy in matrix gives wrong column values

Hi

I am creating a matrix to present a summary of my clients data to them and I would like it to look like this

Product | Expired  |        A           |                B                |
              |               |  May |  June | June | July  | August |

-------------------------------------------------------------

123        |        12   |   3     |     5    |    7   |    8   |     34     |

456        |        -     |   -      |     -     |    -   |   -    |     -        |

753        |        -     |   -      |     -     |    -   |    -   |     -        |

However when I create the hierachy in the columns and "Expand to the next level", Columns in May become a summary and the results are shifted along so they are underneath the next column header, 

and if I drill down to the next level it only displays the results for each month.

I just want to be able to have all my columns displayed with no summary under each category and sub category

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@LParker97 , Not sure I got it. But there expand like reverse square Y,  You can drill till the last level and save there.

https://www.burningsuit.co.uk/blog/2019/04/7-secrets-of-the-matrix-visual/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@LParker97 , Not sure I got it. But there expand like reverse square Y,  You can drill till the last level and save there.

https://www.burningsuit.co.uk/blog/2019/04/7-secrets-of-the-matrix-visual/

So I tried fiddling round with the sub totals columns and by enabling sub totals and removing the columns it gave me what i wanted. thanks for the link

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.