Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SureshR
Frequent Visitor

Enter data ' Feature - How to enter measures like cost and rate , as they don't show Σ after load.

Team.,

could you please tell me how do i enter measure values in "Enter Data"  table say suppose i have three 

columns to enter data , Employee, cost and rate .I did enter data but when i enter cost and rate these are not shown up as measures and i cannot calculate or create any calculated measure on cost and rate columns , no sigma symbol Σ is showing up for the cost and rate after a load.can you please explain why?

Also if you could explain any feature that the values entered in "Enter data" such as cost and rate are not visible after refresh, we want data to be confidential and only enter once for calculations and should not be seen after refreshing report the values should disappear.

Thanks

Suresh Ramadurgam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @SureshR,

columns to enter data , Employee, cost and rate .I did enter data but when i enter cost and rate these are not shown up as measures and i cannot calculate or create any calculated measure on cost and rate columns , no sigma symbol Σ is showing up for the cost and rate after a load.can you please explain why? 

The sigma symbol Σ shows up when a column is Number type and the default summarization is not Don't summarize. So make sure your cost and rate column is just numbers(without any other symbols like $, % etc) when they're imported using Enter Data. You can format these number column as you want with the Format options after they're imported.

number1.PNG

Also if you could explain any feature that the values entered in "Enter data" such as cost and rate are not visible after refresh, we want data to be confidential and only enter once for calculations and should not be seen after refreshing report the values should disappear. 

An option is to disable the load of the tables in the query editor as described here. In addition, here is a similar thread for your reference. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @SureshR,

The sigma symbol Σ shows up when a column is Number type and the default summarization is not Don't summarize. So make sure your cost and rate column is just numbers(without any other symbols like $, % etc) when they're imported using Enter Data. You can format these number column as you want with the Format options after they're imported.

number1.PNG

An option is to disable the load of the tables in the query editor as described here. In addition, here is a similar thread for your reference. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.