Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

HenryJS
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Enter Data Column

Hi all,

Is it possible to enter a column and enter the data in query editor?

For example below I would like to have a column and be able to enter values in the fields in query editor

Capture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@HenryJS  Hi Henry, yes it is possible to add coluumn in power query window. Under the Add Column Tab select Column from Examples -> From Selection. Now one column would be added in the window, you can paste values and then select Ok.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

@negi007 is it possible to go back to the entering values as it first showed after you've created the column?

When i clicked edit on the cog it just took me to this window

thanks

Capture.PNG

BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @HenryJS ,

Not sure I fully understand your requirement here. If you mean you want to literally type values into cells like Excel then, no, this isn't possible. There are a couple of other options though, although both depend on your being able to define the row location of your new value:

1) Create a new table with your desired values, and a second column (or more) that you can use to join it to your main table, then join.

2) Create a conditional column and define that when a row meets certain criteria, have your new value be the result.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

camargos88
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @HenryJS ,

You can enter manual data inside a custom column using some functions (table / record / list).

However, it's easier if you input a table with the values and merge (using Power Query) or relate them (using relationship).

Can you give more details about what you need ?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.