Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HenryJS
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Enter Data Column

Hi all,

Is it possible to enter a column and enter the data in query editor?

For example below I would like to have a column and be able to enter values in the fields in query editor

Capture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@HenryJS  Hi Henry, yes it is possible to add coluumn in power query window. Under the Add Column Tab select Column from Examples -> From Selection. Now one column would be added in the window, you can paste values and then select Ok.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

@negi007 is it possible to go back to the entering values as it first showed after you've created the column?

When i clicked edit on the cog it just took me to this window

thanks

Capture.PNG

BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @HenryJS ,

Not sure I fully understand your requirement here. If you mean you want to literally type values into cells like Excel then, no, this isn't possible. There are a couple of other options though, although both depend on your being able to define the row location of your new value:

1) Create a new table with your desired values, and a second column (or more) that you can use to join it to your main table, then join.

2) Create a conditional column and define that when a row meets certain criteria, have your new value be the result.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

camargos88
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @HenryJS ,

You can enter manual data inside a custom column using some functions (table / record / list).

However, it's easier if you input a table with the values and merge (using Power Query) or relate them (using relationship).

Can you give more details about what you need ?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.