Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Alisea_MI
Advocate III
Advocate III

Enhanced scatter: date timeline not working

Hi,

I have a scatter plot with Year Month and Sample ID on the X axis and some values on the Y-axis, as below.

Screenshot 2021-04-16 004719.jpg

However, I need to conditionally format values by one measure with colors and by another measure with shapes (and have more than 4 shapes) so I am testing an enhanced scatter plot and experience some problems.

1) Year/ Month - it does not allow me to choose "don't summarize" and I cannot get any timeline at all.

Alisea_MI_0-1618527049595.png

2) I don't seem to be able to have two measures on the X-axis as I had on the Power BI regular scatter plot.

What I have som far achieved is this, i.e. nothing.

Screenshot 2021-04-16 005426.jpg

Could anyone please help me with how I can change my setting to achieve a plot as in the first picture? 

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Alisea_MI
Advocate III
Advocate III

Just to give you an update on how we solved it.

We were not able to replicate this visuals in Power BI and needed to do it right from the start: investigated the process and the need to follow and built several visuals on the theme: some lines where they could see the trend and some bars with contract numbers put on small multiples in order to follow it per contract level.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Alisea_MI
Advocate III
Advocate III

Just to give you an update on how we solved it.

We were not able to replicate this visuals in Power BI and needed to do it right from the start: investigated the process and the need to follow and built several visuals on the theme: some lines where they could see the trend and some bars with contract numbers put on small multiples in order to follow it per contract level.

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Alisea_MI 

To have more than four shapes, you can refer to this video Power BI Custom Visuals - Enhanced Scatter - YouTube. It starts around 6:30.

For the second question, we can only put one column in the X-axis fields. This is by design and we cannot change this behavior.

Hope this helps.

Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

Thank you, @v-jingzhang ! The enhanced scatter does not allow me to have date on the x-axis (we are converting a report from Tableau and there it is possible). 

So in my case, we need to make a different front-end solution with another type of chart  or several charts.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Alisea_MI , I scatter you can get Shape with legends. I doubt two measures are allowed

Thank you, @amitchandak ! That's how I got it in the first picture.  My problem with this (apart from not being able to conditionally format the color of  the dots by another measure) is that I need more shapes than four standard. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.