Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

raulallas
Frequent Visitor

Enhanced scatter 2.0.0 x and y start/end

I am trying to use the enhanced scatter 2.0.0 (https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380762?tab=Overview) to display some values, but for the sake of visual appeal i need to custom set the start and end of x/y axis. I can't find an option for that under format pane and the closest I've gotten is the data fields X Start, X End ... . However i have tried all the different types of data i could think of in there and nothing seems to have an effect. I have tried searching for documentation and tutortials but have thus far been unsuccessful. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @raulallas ,

as it seems it's only possible to set the start and end of the axis by filtering the values.

For this example I'm using the wide world sample dataset (https://github.com/microsoft/sql-server-samples/tree/master/samples/databases/wide-world-importers).

Caution: It's necessary to align the measure that filters the values and the column used in the "Details" band of the visual. The next screenshot shows unfiltered values (numeric column "quantity used" on the x-axis:

image.png

where the values on the x-axis in the next screenshot are filtered using this measure:

Total Quantity = 
var xmin = 100
var xmax = 200
return
SUMX(
    'Fact Sale'
    , var __quantity = SUM('Fact Sale'[Quantity])
    return
    IF(AND(__quantity >= xmin , __quantity <= xmax) , __quantity , BLANK())
)

and the screenshot:

image.png

Hopefully, this provides some ideas to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was frustrated by this and found a fairly easy work-around that worked for me.

1. Go to the original Scatter visualization (not the enhanced)
  2. Go to the Format pane
  3. Select X Axis
  4. Set your Start and End values
  5. Select Y Axis
  6. Set your Start and End values
  7. With your graph selected, apply the Enhanced Scatter visualization

When I did this, it retained the start and end values in the enhanced scatter viz.

I hope that helps.

Amazing!! 

Made my day. Incredible that there is no documentation... really hard to learn PowerBI compared to Tableau imo.

Anyways, thanks for the hint. Worked for me as well.

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @raulallas ,

as it seems it's only possible to set the start and end of the axis by filtering the values.

For this example I'm using the wide world sample dataset (https://github.com/microsoft/sql-server-samples/tree/master/samples/databases/wide-world-importers).

Caution: It's necessary to align the measure that filters the values and the column used in the "Details" band of the visual. The next screenshot shows unfiltered values (numeric column "quantity used" on the x-axis:

image.png

where the values on the x-axis in the next screenshot are filtered using this measure:

Total Quantity = 
var xmin = 100
var xmax = 200
return
SUMX(
    'Fact Sale'
    , var __quantity = SUM('Fact Sale'[Quantity])
    return
    IF(AND(__quantity >= xmin , __quantity <= xmax) , __quantity , BLANK())
)

and the screenshot:

image.png

Hopefully, this provides some ideas to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hey, thanks for the tip, I tried using it, but ended up going with blank values at opposite corners of the visual for a cleaner look. However this does answer the question for anyone trying to do it so I will accept it as solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.