Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Avlies
Frequent Visitor

Enhanced metadata not able to make changes

Hi, 

I'm having issues after an update to a newer version of power bi. I tried downgrading but unfortunately I wasnt able to open backup file, must have saved the file before realising in the newest version. 

I'm getting an error while trying to upgrade to the enhanced metadata feature saying it can't find certain tables. This is because of a broken measure. I'm not able to delete or update the measure, so I'm stuck. I cant use my report anymore.

Is there a way to disable this metadata function like in the older versions? I know it's my own fault for writing over a save file but I can't do anything about that anymore. 

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Avlies , Check this blog. As per this, there no way to rollbak. various issues has been discussed, see if that can help

https://www.thebiccountant.com/2020/04/13/power-bi-store-datasets-in-enhanced-metadata-format-warnin...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Avlies , Check this blog. As per this, there no way to rollbak. various issues has been discussed, see if that can help

https://www.thebiccountant.com/2020/04/13/power-bi-store-datasets-in-enhanced-metadata-format-warnin...

Thanks again! I was able to copy the tables quickly with the tip in that blog, Unfortunately I had to copy paste all measures and redo all the relationships but that took me about an hour and now its working again. 

Lessons learned to keep backup files 🙂

thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.