Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ChrisG

England maps by region and local authority

Hi

I'm a new user of Power BI and I'm trying to create filled maps for England, firstly by region and then by local authority. Starting with region, my data has the region name (North East, North West, etc.) and ecode (E12000001, E12000002, etc.).

So far I've got absolutely nowhere and I can't seem to find out what I need to do by searching online. Can I use my region name or ecode fields or do I need to use something else?

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Please remember I'm a complete beginner!

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ChrisG,

Since you are a beginner, I'd like to suggest you take a look at below tutorial first:

Filled maps (choropleths) in Power BI (Tutorial)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin

Thanks for the response. I had already found that page. I feel like I can't go through those instructions as I can't get anywhere with my data. My only problem at the moment is knowing how to use my England data and whether or not I'll be able to produce filled maps by region and local authority.

Do you have any thoughts on what I can do with my data?

Thanks

Chris

Hi @ChrisG,

Based on test, the ecode seems not works on filled map, can you share us some sample data to test?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi chris G

What is it you want to do?

If you are looking at generating a heatmap you can do uit with a shapemap in power BI.  all you need to do is generate a JSON base map, feed it into shape map and then put in the data you want.

I also have the CCG's mapped in JSON

Whetre i work  (NHS) i cant set up links to pages to share. but if you want to e-mail me my home e-mail is clayman1302@gmail.com 

Hi,

I'm trying to use the tables published here https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/private-rental-market-summary-statistics-october-2015-to-se...

Specifically I've been looking at Table 1.7.

I installed the ArcGIS add in and that seems to be working ok. Is that the best way to go?

What I'm now hoping to do using the ArcGIS add in is to have both region and local authority data on the same map. So if someone is looking at the whole of England it will show the regional data, then if they click on a region it will show the local authorites within that region. Is this possible?

Thanks

Hi @ChrisG,

>>So if someone is looking at the whole of England it will show the regional data, then if they click on a region it will show the local authorites within that region. Is this possible?

Based on research, current arcgis map seems not support the data label feature. For your requirement, you can submit it to ideas.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.