Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PaulCo
Helper II
Helper II

Enable a slicer to only apply to part of a measure

Hi There,

I have created a slicer which enables me to see the latest value of an opportunity. The sales team update various fields from Call 1 to Call 7 based on their latest sales call. This is to track the value of the deal over the quarter. 

Call Number.pngLatest Call.png

I added a conditional column to find the latest call value for each opportunity. But to enusre that I only pull the latest value I also added a column which states what the latest call is. 

So now I have a slicer which allows me to select the latest call and then see the latest call value by filtering out all of the previous call values.

Now I want to do a simple calculation to find out what the latest call value is + the booked deal value. 

Both values come from the same table so I need to filter the latest call value by Call Number but then this filters my booking results.

I have created 2 measures:

Current Quarter Bookings:

Current Q Bookings 1 = (CALCULATE(SUM('BI Data - SFDC'[Software Amount]),Dates[Quarters Passed] = 0,'BI Data - SFDC'[Category] = "Booking"))

Latest Call:

Latest Call = CALCULATE(SUM('BI Data - SFDC'[Latest Call]),'BI Data - SFDC'[Category] = "Pipeline")

I then created a Measure adding the 2 together:

Forecast = Latest Call + Current Quarter Bookings

Is it possible to create the Forecast measure where when I select the Call number, the filter only applies to the Latest Call part of the Measure and not the bookings part. Otherwise it filters out data that I need to show and I get a lower number than expected.

So basically, I want to create a measure based on the addition of 2 measures. And have a slicer that applies to only applies to one measure and does not affect the other.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try to use ALL(Table["name column used in slicer"]) as filter in one of CALCULATE measure that you want to not be affected by slicer

stretcharm
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Maybe try checking SELECTEDVALUE and applying a different condition if there is a filter.

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/using-the-selectedvalue-function-in-dax/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.