Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tdhood
Advocate I
Advocate I

Enable R Script Visuals - Not saving setting

Using the July 2020 (x64, 2.83.5894.881) and earlier versions of PBI Desktop, I was able to enable R scripting visuals & have that setting saved within the .pbix file - allowing me to run scripts without interaction.

Subsequent versions of PBID have not saved the "Enable Script Visuals" setting, requiring me to interactively "Enable" scripting each time the file opens.

Suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Esabee
Frequent Visitor

I also have this issue. I have a number of R visuals based on scripts I wrote using the embedded R scripting ability. When I check them in R studio (my IDE) they work fine, and trhey all used to render perfectly on PBI desktop. Since very recently, they seem to be stuck in a loop where the "select to enable" pop-up simply keeps popping up preventing the visual from being shown - my visuals are now useless. I may open a fresh question for this.

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tdhood ,

Try to turn this option off

options and settings->options->security.

V-lianl-msft_0-1600679955345.png

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@V-lianl-msft 

No joy.

Changing this setting has no effect. For what it's worth, these are not custom visuals - I'm using the native "R Script Visual" that's included with PBI-D.

tdhood_0-1600784630481.png

I am also having this issue. Were you ever able to find a solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.