Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

malosejm_40
Regular Visitor

Enable Bookmarks using Preview Features

HI I am Using Power BI and Report Server for May 2019 on prem. We upgraded because we were told that with this version I can be able to Enable Bookmarks for users.  There is a feature which I have been looking which is not in August 2018 Version. The feature is called Preview Features on PowerBI Desktop under File=>Options=>Global=>Preview Features. This is supposed to enable Bookmarks so the users can be able to see  the bookmarks I create.

Its not there even on this version. Can you assist urgently. or perhaps give more information on how to have this. Will this also be able to allow users to create their own bookmarks and save their own selections?

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @malosejm_40 ,

Beginning with the March 2018 version of Power BI Desktop, bookmarks are generally available. So you can create and save your own bookmarks without any additional option.

There is the document about bookmarks you can reference. 

Use bookmarks to share insights and build stories in Power BI

Best Regards,

Xue

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the response,

I gone through the link you gave me. It looks to me that the you can only have personal bookmarks is you access PowerBI report as a user on the cloud using PowerBI Service. For users who access the reports on the On-Premise version, they  can only access the Report Bookmarks. It still does not give the option add report bookmarks as user from the Brower side.  Gives view only option with Add functionality greyed out.

Report Bookmatks can only be added using the PowerBI Desktop.

Am I right in sayins this because the confusion comes in on whether you using the On-premise or Cloud version. And whether the On-Premise version allows users to create personal bookmarks. I need more clarity on that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.