Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JS
Helper II
Helper II

Empty Date question

Hi guys,

I understand the usage of a date diemension table, but I have error connecting the date in the date table with my date in my other table (table A). 

As I have empty dates field in table A, I am unable to link up the relatiobship between the date table and Table A. Is there an alternative work around to this?

Thanks,

JS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JS,

According to your description, table A contains a date field and there are some empty values in this field. When you built the relationship between the date table and Table A, the error occurs, right?

In your scenario, which error did you get when you built the relationship? Please make sure date field in table A is date data type. The table A date column empty values will not affect relationship between date table and table A, see:

Table1 valuesrelationship

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JS,

According to your description, table A contains a date field and there are some empty values in this field. When you built the relationship between the date table and Table A, the error occurs, right?

In your scenario, which error did you get when you built the relationship? Please make sure date field in table A is date data type. The table A date column empty values will not affect relationship between date table and table A, see:

Table1 valuesrelationship

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @JS,

There wont be any problem in connecting the date dimension table and table1 even if there are missing values in table1.I think the problem might be you are trying to connect the id in data dimension table to the date value in table 1 which will obviously give the error as it cannot connect the id in one table to date value in other table(as it is not a common field).Check it once,everything will be fine.If u can,post the image of your model once.

note-if this solves your problem,please click this as accept the solution

thanks and regards,

k.surya.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.