Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kausar_mohd_FZ

Employee Turnover and total headcount

Hi Guys,

I hope someone can help me. Im relatively new to power BI and im creating a dashboard for our HR department. 

I have an excel sheet where i have all the data required and i would like to calculate employee turnover on a yearly basis. 

The data i have is as follows;

-Active (Y/N)

-Hire date

-Termination Date

how can i show turnover percentage every year using this data.

- I also have another problem, when i use the card visualization to show our current headcount and then filter the headcount by year, the filter only shows the (new Hires of that year and not the total head count of that year) Like for eg; Say our current headcount is 5000 employees and it is displaying 5000 without filters, then once i filter it to the year 2013, the overall headcount as of 2013 is 2000 people, however its only showing the New hired employees of 2013 which is 400.

how do i change it to show the total every year? 

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kausar_mohd_FZ,

Current power bi not support direct visualization date range generated by multiple columns.

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you create new table to store expand detail records and link to original table with user id, then you can simply use expand table to create visuals.

Reference link:

Spread revenue across period based on start and end date, slice and dase this using different dates

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kausar_mohd_FZ,

Current power bi not support direct visualization date range generated by multiple columns.

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you create new table to store expand detail records and link to original table with user id, then you can simply use expand table to create visuals.

Reference link:

Spread revenue across period based on start and end date, slice and dase this using different dates

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.