Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

niharika0913
Frequent Visitor

Embedding power bi reports in ASP.NET

Hi,

I am creating few reports in PBI desktop and need to embed them in asp.net app.

Requirement:

1) Only the plots come from the power bi reports. All the filters in .NET needs to interact with the graphs from power bi.

2) Authentication and authorization of the portal (.net app with power bi reports) needs to be done from .NET

I recently learnt that Microsoft is creating a single API platform with introduction of PBI Premium. I have Pro license and the client has created one app workspace in PBI with premium capacity. I am going through the new documentation from microsoft on how to embed reports in web app, but I fail to understand how to integrate PBI reports in asp.net as earlier we could do that through Power BI Embedded option in Azure portal.

Is anybody working recently on such integrations after MS took out the update on premium licensing? Can you please help me on how to embed my reports in asp.net?

2 REPLIES 2
prateekraina
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @niharika0913,

Requirement 1

If you are keeping filters in .NET, then you need to filter the report in report URL.

Check this out.

Requirement 2
You need to register your application on Azure. Check this out for more details.

Also, you need to generate Cleint Secret and Client ID from here which you will use in your web.config.

@prateekraina

Thank you for the reply.

I have one question. How has the process of embedding visuals in .NET changed after Microsoft came out with new updates, that is, now there is one single api platform and the option to create workspace collection in Power BI Embedded no more exist?? I have read the documentation they released recently but I could not understand where does.NET or any other web app comes into picture?

In the web.config I have to give workspace id, access key, embed url..where do I find this now?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors