Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Embedding Reports

I have created a power bi desktop report and paginated report and . linked these reports using a button click.

while iam embedding these reports into my application but on the button click to paginated report the navigation is going back to power bi service. 

Could guys Please help me with this .

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-robertq-msft 

is it possible to construct a url to use in the button action to navigate to the embedded paginated report and pass the paramaeters from the main desktop report

Hi, @Anonymous 

I think it’s possible to be achieved using Parameters and action URL for the button in Power BI, but the button-click will navigate to the Power BI service to open the report because your link is directed to it.

Using parameters in Power BI

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-robertq-msft  . i know i have used the app.powerbi.com  so it will pass the control to power bi .com

but what i need  help on these how to get that control inside the embedded application. 

how we will navidate to paginated report from power bi desktop report in external application

Anonymous
Not applicable

is it we can pass the embedded paginated report url in this button action ?

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

What’s your method to navigate to the paginated report? Do you set the action of the button to “Web Url” like this:

v-robertq-msft_0-1611715295499.png

What’s more, have you published the paginated report to a Premium workspace?

You should check if the web URL you gave is correct and can nevigate to the paginated report whose workspace you have access to.

Because you can’t access the content if you don’t have access to the workspace.

Here’s two cases which are similar to your problem, you can take a look:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Report-page-navigation-button-previous-not-working/m-p/481628

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/URL-link-to-Paginated-Reports/td-p/810644

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-robertq-msft  

When i drill through from  desktop to paginated report iam using the web URL in a button click a and i can see the paginated report but when i embedded these linked reports in my application since the button action is web url the control goes from the application to power bi service and displaying the reports but i need to show it inside my application. is it possible this is first time iam using embedded reports.

Hi, @Anonymous 

What’s the link you placed as the "Web URL" action of the button? If the link is the same as that you used to open the report in the Power BI service, clicking on this button will of course navigate to Power BI Service. If you want to show the paginated report inside your application, I think you can try to embed the paginated reports into your application, you can follow this link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/embed-paginated-reports-customers

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-robertq-msft   Thanks for the reply,

Used the linked that generated in power bi service that why it going to the to power bi service ,

I need a button click or link to the paginated report in embedded application . for this  navigation in embedde application is we need to do anthing on the button action in desktop or is it can be done in the embedded application itself. since button is created in power bi dektop how the developer gets control of it action ?

Desktop Report

sambhu_0-1611822936168.png

on  Detailed Button click selected value from the grid will be passed to paginated report using the web Url:

paginatedurlnew =
var _selectedkey=SELECTEDVALUE('public cocnew'[insurergrpname])
var _reportparameter="&rp:grpname="&_selectedkey
var _result=_baseurl&_reportparameter
return
_result

Hi, @Anonymous 

As we can see from your web URL, it starts with the “app.powerbi.com”, this is the reason why you will go to the Power BI service when you click on the button.

屏幕截图 2021-01-29 153643.png

To get control of the action, we can click on the button in the Power BI desktop, go to “action” to change the control setting of the button, like this:

v-robertq-msft_0-1611905714879.png

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-robertq-msft 

is it we can pass the embedded paginated report url in this button action ?

i have embedded the desktop report but how can we access the paginated report  on this button action.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.