Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

audrieg
Frequent Visitor

Embedded PowerBI Report not showing in Chrome (but works in IE)

I've embedded a sample interactive report (using fake data for now) on a landing page in SharePoint Online and am seeing two problems that I would like your advice on:

1. The embedded report does not show up at all using the Chrome Browser.

2. The embedded report does not update when I update the report in the Power BI desktop and republish. I tried redoing the web part with fresh embed code after making changes...but the old report was still showing on the page.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your help.

10 REPLIES 10
hannahgilbert
Frequent Visitor

Any update with this issue?

My user is only blocking cookies in chrome icognito and doesn't have an ad blocker extension.

ChiliGuy
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem, in that I cannot view embedded reports (on a webpage) in Chrome; the webpage is just blank. Other browsers display the embedded report just fine.

And when I'm in the desktop version and click "Get Insights" (or any link that launches powerbi.com), I get the following message:

The app.powerbi.com page isn’t working

app.powerbi.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Has anyone been able to mail down which Chrome extension might be the problem?

Steve

Same issue here in my organization. Most people can view the link fine, but others are reporting back this unable to handle the request message in Chrome. It works for them if they launch in Incognito mode. Not sure what steps to take next to sort this out..

Yes. Works fine in Incognito mode. 

Ressurecting this dead thread, posted a new one here with the same issue.

Did anyone ever find a solution?

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Embedding-in-SPO-does-not-work-in-Chrome-except-in-Incognit...

This solved the problem for me, by tracing the network messages in Chrome I found this error:

ERROR DOMException: Failed to read the 'sessionStorage' property from 'Window': Access is denied for this document.

Solution found here which worked:

https://www.chromium.org/for-testers/bug-reporting-guidelines/uncaught-securityerror-failed-to-read-...

threha

I have this problem as well. My coworker does not. It may be due to specific extensions/plugins for Chrome.

jonculp85
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue.

KumarDarmesh
Helper IV
Helper IV

How did you embed the report?

Using the menu for that in the browser UI (file save as embed)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.