Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Raam28
Frequent Visitor

Embed with report web part in SharePoint Online

1. I want to create tabular kind of reports( No charts) its purely conists tables (rows and cols) is there any restriction or limitation in the number of rows or number of cols we should use in our report for best fit?

2. In this criteria i dont want to create dashboards just i want to create reports and i will use 'Embed link for SharePoint (Preview)' option inorder to embed my report inside share point if i created Role level security(RLS) for my users/groups for that report will it work in share point after we embed? how we can do this?

Hoping for ur suggestions

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Raam28,

Q1:

For limitation of excel table, the maximum number of columns and rows are 65535.

For my opinion, I'd like to use 10 ~ 15 columns.

Q2:

You can take a look at below link:

Difference B/w POWER BI PRO and POWER BI Embedded

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

can i have any sample report which has only tabular data?

Is there any option we can export those data back to excel for the end user?

Please answer

Hi @Raam28,

>>Is there any option we can export those data back to excel for the end user?

If you setting the RLS on the dataset, I think it will only export the filtered data, but it has the limitation on rows amount.

For detail inforamation about export data to excel, you can refer to below article:

Export data from Power BI visualizations

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.