Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

adampope
Frequent Visitor

Embed the Y-Axis category into the bars of a bar chart

I have a chart where I'd like the y-axis to merge with the data bars; so they look like clickable buttons on a webpage.

I have a column listing various goals and I'm currently using a stacked bar chart to visualise the proportions of of each goal in the column (though a funnel might work equally well) . Clicking on a goal filters a table of titles that have been tagged with that goal. It looks like this:

Screenshot_8.png

I'd like it to look like this:

Screenshot_10.png

Can anyone recommend how this might be acheived in PowerBI? Treemap kind of works, but won't list the values vertically. Thank you so much for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was able to achieve this using the Infographic Designer custom visual available from the marketplace.

The visual does so much more, though, I think I'll be using it for lots of other things....

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @adampope

Based on my test, It seems there is no better way to do that for a bar chart. You may use treemap visual with custom column like below.

For your requirement, you may submit an idea here.

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I was able to achieve this using the Infographic Designer custom visual available from the marketplace.

The visual does so much more, though, I think I'll be using it for lots of other things....

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.