Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cmboudreaux

Embed in OneNote

I am trying to embed a PowerBI report into OneNote but the content doesnt pour into the onenote instead it stays as a link that you have to click on versus the visual table/dashboard showing up in OneNote. I have looked for youtube videos versus the many articles i see and just am not finding the step or steps I am missing to make this work.

5 REPLIES 5
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @cmboudreaux ;

First you need to publi to service from desktop

Publish from Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Then you could next After pasting the URL, you need to enter.

vyalanwumsft_0-1663745661798.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, I have also tried following your guide, but nothing appears when I paste int eh URl as a link. Just the text. No image. Is it still possible to embed PowerBI reports and Apps into OneDrive?

so the issue again is I can publish and i can copy and paste the link into onenote but as shown below in the comments it stays a URL it doesnt turn to an image. there is no next button or enter button when i do that - it just pastes right in. there is also no refresh since there is no image. 

I am not sure if it is a government cloud thing versus the normal private cloud. The link does work i can visit it without authentication or anything since it is published to public.

cmboudreaux

ok - so here is what i get (little different now)

• In PowerBI desktop i dont see an option to "embed" - just the Publish option
  • Within PowerBI on 0365 When i open the report i have the option to Embed Report
  • I click embed report and choose publish to web (public) and it gives me the links you showed
  • I choose the Link you can send in email and choose copy
  • go to onenote and click paste and it puts the url in as shown below 
  • There is no powerbi image so i dont know what else to do to make it show the data versus a url
  • also the various things about "limitations" i have seen posted - i dont know where to go to check those

capture.JPG

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @cmboudreaux ;

• Open Power BI App.
  • Navigate to the report that needs to be embedded in OneNote.
  • Select the report and go to File --> Publish to web.
  • Select Create embed code.
  • Copy the link under Link you can send in email
  • Paste the URL in OneNote page and press enter.
  • Select refresh button on Power BI image.
  • Report will be embedded in OneNote page and all the pages can be displayed.

Power BI Embedded in Microsoft OneNote (linkedin.com)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.