Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RobMiles
Frequent Visitor

Embed code publicly available?

I understand that once you use publish to web and use the embed code to embed a report onto a website, it is publicly available to anyone that can see the website with no authentication.

However, if I have produced an embed code but not actually used it anywhere yet is my data still available publicly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JIGAR
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@RobMiles :

The embed codes that you create by publishing to web are workspace specific.

For e.g. You create an app workspace. Then publish to web a report from that workspace. This create an embed code.

This embed code will be available to other members of that workspace.

So even if you do not use this code but its still available with other members of workspace. 

Hope this helps !!

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, theoretically is a hard-to-guess link, so you can't find it by mistake and i don't it's indexed BUT Microsoft clearly says that "published to web" report could be used for showcases and listed in public pages.

So I wouldn't trust "security by obscurity"...

JIGAR
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@RobMiles :

The embed codes that you create by publishing to web are workspace specific.

For e.g. You create an app workspace. Then publish to web a report from that workspace. This create an embed code.

This embed code will be available to other members of that workspace.

So even if you do not use this code but its still available with other members of workspace. 

Hope this helps !!

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.