Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
singarfield Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Embed Videos into power BI report

Hi Power BI Community!

I am trying to embed a Youtube video onto my power BI report, but no luck so far.

I am using the format below, and the "htmlViewer" Power Bi widget:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/no76LyoSpFo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When I upload this to the browser the video rectangle and play buttons appear, but nothing plays. Any help, please?

I will probably want to do somehing similar with audio files. 

If this doesn't work but there is a way of embedding something that is saved in onedrive, this could also be a solution. 

Thank you!

Singarfield 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Embed Videos into power BI report

Hi singarfield,

To use power bi embeded, you should firstly register on azure for a rest api token. I would suggest you to refer to power bi embeded.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi singarfield,

So you are trying to embed video into power bi report, right? I'm afraid this can't be achieved, as a workaround, you may embed power bi report and video into third-party app.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

singarfield Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yuta-msft,

Thank you for this. What sort of third party app? Are you familiar with the html extension I mentioned? It seems some people have managed to do it with this, but I can't get it to work. 

Cheers!

Singarfield

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi singarfield,

To use power bi embeded, you should firstly register on azure for a rest api token. I would suggest you to refer to power bi embeded.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao