Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Maria_Koroleva
Frequent Visitor

Email subscriptions

I haven't received screenshots of my reports in Power BI. I made a subscription and then refreshed data set, but didn't receive an e-mail. Please help!

10 REPLIES 10
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Maria_Koroleva @andymc123

ETA of this issue is September 6th.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Lydia - is there anything special that I need to do?  I use the Power BI Desktop to refresh data, and I am still not receiving emails when data is updated.  I did just update to the latest version of Power BI Desktop x64 today.  I use the Publish button and it replaces the dataset in My Workspace.  This particular dashboard is shared with 25 people, and several have expressed interest in the subscription feature so that they can be alerted when data has been updated.

@andymc123 @Maria_Koroleva,

I am able to use the email subscription feature using a pro trial account. In your scenario, please ensure that you have set schedule refresh for your dataset successfully.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are having a similar problem. We can receive subscription emails for dashboards fed by live/direct query connections to an Analysis Services model. However, we really want users to receive subscriptions to dashboards that have their data source refreshed manually via publishing pbix files (which have models created from access db query or Excel files). We tested this in July 2017 and it did not work then and we still cannot get it to work now. Everyone has a paid Pro license and only has one email address, and it's not a spam filter (we CAN receive other PBI and subscription emails).

Is this by design for these data sources? Is there a way to work around it? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

P.S. everyone DOES have view or edit permission to the report/dashboard content, everyone IS in our tenant, we have NOT renamed the data source or pbix file, and we ARE publishing new data in our updates

Anonymous
Not applicable

Additional update:

This was not fixed with this month's update. We do not receive subscription emails upon data refresh when we set them to send that way on the Import data source reports (manually refreshed from publishing pbix files with Excel and web url data sources).
[I can't seem to insert an image so here is a link to it https://drive.google.com/file/d/16FsCsPEikXcSiN8OObwKzPT6ymehYE9P/view?usp=sharing ]

On the DirectQuery dashboards/reports, the subscription emails ended after the first refresh/email. I still need to test those again since this February 2018 update came out.

Cross-linking to Twitter discussion here: https://twitter.com/GuyInACube/status/1093523448150872064 

andymc123
Advocate III
Advocate III

Has this been addressed?  There are a few of us at my company who have noticed we are not receiving email updates anymore.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Maria_Koroleva,

I test email subscription in Power BI Service, everything works well.

In your scenario, we need to verify if you are a pro trial user. Currently, pro trial user can’t get any emails, this is a known issue and the team is working on a fix.

However, if you have pro license, and you don’t get email, please check that if you hit any limitations described in this article. Also check that if your company email filter blocks the emails from  no-reply-powerbi@azureemail.microsoft.com. There is a similar thread for your reference.

Regards,
Lydia

Yes, I'm a pro trial user. When it will be fix and how i can get information about it?

@Maria_Koroleva,

Once the issue is fixed, I will post back.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.