Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hegdecisco86
Helper I
Helper I

Email Alert in Power BI Dashboard

Hi All,

I have a scenario which is like below.

I have created a dashboard in Power BI and it is live and working without any issue, Now user wants me to create an alert from this dashboard if certain parameter crosses threshold value. I have checked in Power BI blogs and it shows clearly that alerts can be send to the report owner alone. We can't change the recipients email address. Also in my case the recipients email address is also dynamic and can be taken from back-end tables.

For example, 

My dashboard is about support ticket. So main filter in the dashboard is Ticket Number and each ticket belongs to a user and I can get the email id of the user and all the email id will be from the same domain. The requirement is if the SLA days of the ticket is crossed, the ticket owner should get the alert saying that the SLA is crossed for a particular incident. 

So is there a way where I can handle this situation. I know Microsoft Flow can do this. But without that is there a way to handle this situation.

Thank You,

Rajesh S Hegde

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @hegdecisco86 ,

Yes,only the owner can get the notifications from alert,for more actions,you need refer to power automate(power flow):

vkellymsft_1-1630911852597.png

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my reply as a solution!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @hegdecisco86 ,

Yes,only the owner can get the notifications from alert,for more actions,you need refer to power automate(power flow):

vkellymsft_1-1630911852597.png

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my reply as a solution!

Hi @v-kelly-msft ,

I tried to use Power Automate and could able to generate the email notification for the threshold value. But There also, I have to hardcode the email address. Is there a way where I can get the email id from Power BI dataset within the Power Automate? If so please let me know that will solve my problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors