Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

OVILLAMIL

Effective Dashboarding With Power BI

Questions.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi OVILLAMIL,

I re-typed your issue in my post, for the others to reference, in case they have a better solution:

OP's question copied below:

"

Good day I have some queries that make regarding Power BI and desire me to partner with the following concerns. 1 When I am working on a project where it is important to define a ranking to a group of data within a database, I need to show me the 10 positions with higher values and the rest must be defined with the name other, I need you in one column I group the 10 positions with respective a column names and that the rest of data has the name of others finally need a type of graph a showing my previous to make it like this:

1. I need a type of graph that shows me the following information in two years, how can I do?
  2. Power BI no possibility of conditional formatting such as Excel icons, gradients etc?
  3. Is there any way to implement the graphic Hierarchy Slicer search?
  4. As I can display the percentage of the pie chart?
  5. How can I select with mouse various objects on the canvas without choosing then one to one?

"

My reply

And I would try to answer some of your questions:

1 & 4:

To have the Pie chart display the precentage, we need a measure to calculated the precentage, then change the Measure data format to Precent, this would make it to display as precent in the Pie chart;

For top 10 groups, we could take use of switch function, calculate the 10 higher value and switch the rest with Others type.

For question 2,

Currently conditional formatting is available in Power BI Table Visuals, check the article: Conditional formatting in tables.

For question 3:

Please check the Slicer visual first: Tutorial: slicers in Power BI.

Well, I am not quite sure I understand all your questions in the right way, if there are any further concerns regarding the information above, please let me know.

And for question 5, currently I am not quite understand the meaning,  which might need your further explanation.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi OVILLAMIL,

I re-typed your issue in my post, for the others to reference, in case they have a better solution:

OP's question copied below:

"

Good day I have some queries that make regarding Power BI and desire me to partner with the following concerns. 1 When I am working on a project where it is important to define a ranking to a group of data within a database, I need to show me the 10 positions with higher values and the rest must be defined with the name other, I need you in one column I group the 10 positions with respective a column names and that the rest of data has the name of others finally need a type of graph a showing my previous to make it like this:

1. I need a type of graph that shows me the following information in two years, how can I do?
  2. Power BI no possibility of conditional formatting such as Excel icons, gradients etc?
  3. Is there any way to implement the graphic Hierarchy Slicer search?
  4. As I can display the percentage of the pie chart?
  5. How can I select with mouse various objects on the canvas without choosing then one to one?

"

My reply

And I would try to answer some of your questions:

1 & 4:

To have the Pie chart display the precentage, we need a measure to calculated the precentage, then change the Measure data format to Precent, this would make it to display as precent in the Pie chart;

For top 10 groups, we could take use of switch function, calculate the 10 higher value and switch the rest with Others type.

For question 2,

Currently conditional formatting is available in Power BI Table Visuals, check the article: Conditional formatting in tables.

For question 3:

Please check the Slicer visual first: Tutorial: slicers in Power BI.

Well, I am not quite sure I understand all your questions in the right way, if there are any further concerns regarding the information above, please let me know.

And for question 5, currently I am not quite understand the meaning,  which might need your further explanation.

Regards

Ultima respuesta

Muchas gracias por su pronta respuesta sin embargo tengo las siguientes dudas en algunas respuestas.

1. En la primera pregunta del porcentaje en la grafica de pie necesito me expliques con un ejemplo.
  2. La función SWITCH es una buena opción pero necesito que el calculo lo haga automatico y no entrar a modificar los datos en la función. Me explicas por favor con un ejemplo otra opción.

Agradezco tu atención y buen dia

Traducción

Thank you very much for your prompt response however I have the following concerns some answers.

1. In the first question of the percentage in the graph Pie I need explain with an example.
  2. The SWITCH function is a good choice but need the automatic calculation do not enter and modify data in the function. You please me explain with an example other choice.

I appreciate your attention and good day

Oscar Villamil

Hi OVILLAMIL,

Pie chart is similar to Doughnut charts in Power BI, we may take a look at the article below as a reference:

Tutorial: Doughnut charts in Power BI

The following is my testing example:

19.PNG20.PNG

If Switch function is not helpful, we may consider take use of IF function.

Besides, if sharing some data example is available, then we may suggest a more suitable DAX expression.

If you need any further help, please feel free to post back.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.