Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Editing Filter Values

Hi,

I created a column in my dataset called 'Score Bucket'- this categorizes anything from the 'Score' column that is between 90-100 as "90-100", anything between 80-90 as "80-90" and anything below 80 as "Less Than 80".

On the dashboard I am creating, I applied a filter based on this column. However, there is no data in the table currently, that has a score between 80-90. Because of this my filter is only showing the following values: "90-100" and "Less than 80". But I want the filter to show "80-90" as well.

What should I do?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Editing Filter Values

Hi @atinakarim ,

Try clicking on the column and select "show itens with no data".

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Ricardo

Ricardo

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Editing Filter Values

Your filter should be using a DIM table that has the values you want to show, then it would have a 1:many relationship to your data. It would always show what is in the DIM table. 

You generally should not create slicers and filters using your FACT table. See this article for more info. Basically, design everything as a Star Schema. When I do a model, my goal is to ultimatly hide every column in my FACT table and never use it for visuals, just for data in measures. I try to never use fields in my FACT table for anything other than measures.

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors