Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Editing Filter Values

Hi,

I created a column in my dataset called 'Score Bucket'- this categorizes anything from the 'Score' column that is between 90-100 as "90-100", anything between 80-90 as "80-90" and anything below 80 as "Less Than 80".

On the dashboard I am creating, I applied a filter based on this column. However, there is no data in the table currently, that has a score between 80-90. Because of this my filter is only showing the following values: "90-100" and "Less than 80". But I want the filter to show "80-90" as well.

What should I do?

2 REPLIES 2
edhans
Super User
Super User

Your filter should be using a DIM table that has the values you want to show, then it would have a 1:many relationship to your data. It would always show what is in the DIM table. 

You generally should not create slicers and filters using your FACT table. See this article for more info. Basically, design everything as a Star Schema. When I do a model, my goal is to ultimatly hide every column in my FACT table and never use it for visuals, just for data in measures. I try to never use fields in my FACT table for anything other than measures.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
camargos88
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try clicking on the column and select "show itens with no data".

Ricardo

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.